Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Vatican gets Jiggy with Technology

 It is already established that I like to be a computer-desk traveler and art appreciator. My last post on this [link to second post ever] showcased Google’s Art Project. Now, two groups that I never expect to agree with each other have turned out to…agree with each other! Google and the Vatican have done something the same (first and last time, probably)! The Vatican has posted as part of its Online Collections a virtual tour of the Sistene Chapel. It is really well done, super high quality, and best of all, works on my internet and doesn’t crash my computer. If I had anything negative to say about it, it would probably be that the lighting is a little dark. Otherwise, my kudos to the popey folks over at the Vatican!

…Upon further review of the virtual tour, I’m not entirely sure this is real. It might be a very good digital reproduction, a la the graphics of Assassins Creed (whatever, I know it’s a video game- it has amazing architectural details of the Duomo in Venice. It won awards- I’m not the only person who thinks this!) I’m not sure if it being a fake image makes it more or less impressive.

PS. I like that there is singing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment