Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nerd-Alert! Nerd Alert Code Red!

I like computers and video games. I also really love the Middle Ages (you probably couldn't tell though...). I'm a big fan of fast facts and footnotes. I would say that I'm a secret nerd, but I'm pretty sure anyone who knows me would argue that its not-so-secret.

With that out there, I want to announce the release of a brand new computer game that comes out today (I have a countdown to the exact moment it drops). I don't mean to be all commercial-y, I'm just crazy excited. Also, don't just me when I write which game. It's the Sims Medieval. The Sims, which is already a good computer game, meets my absolute favorite time period. Yay! Its like the designers and developers know exactly what I'm thinking! (time for those nerd alert sirens again) Yeah, I know there are a number of Medieval-type games on the market, but they're all war and strategy, which is not my thing.

I'm so excited about this game that I've reached new heights of nerdy waiting for it to come out (since it was announced last year). I have a countdown, I've been reading both official and unofficial blogs about it. I even stalked demos of gameplay on youtube. And at some point today (3pm EST exactly, that is), I will be able to download the game. So. Excited. Just thought I'd share my excitement. If you don't see any posts tomorrow, you'll know that I'm busy in nerdy heaven playing my new game. Actually, no need to worry about tomorrow's post: I started reading a new book today and discovered a fascinating historical figure with a seriously twisted life story. You'll see tomorrow who I'm talking about (and he's not even medieval)!

No comments:

Post a Comment